Saturday, March 21, 2009

Twilight DVD Release Party



Okay, so I have lived a sheltered life and never been to a "release party" of an item. When Harry Potter books were popular, I watched the release parties on the news and it looked like a good time. All these people dressed up as Harry Potter characters waiting anxiously their copy of the newest book. However, I have never been (1) because although I enjoyed the H.P. books, I didn't want one that bad and (2)these parties are late at night and I'm sleeping!

I had girlfriend time last night and was scrapbooking with BFF Michele. Michele reminds me that the Twilight DVD is being released at midnight. Hey, we're up, we're caffienated, so we decide to go and find a party. We go to Border's bookstore; nothing happening except a lot of preteens and teens standing around waiting. Same thing when we went to Blockbuster.

In case you aren't in the know, Twilight is a book by Stephenie Meyer (she has three more in the series) that has been made into a movie. It is a story about a 17 year old girl named Bella who falls in love with Edward. Edward is a vampire.

FYI I have read Twilight and enjoyed it. Awaiting my turn to read the 2nd book (on order at the library), but no intention of purchasing the DVD; will just rent it and watch it.

Michele and I were expecting to see all kinds of vampire costumes and dark makeup. Instead, I think people were looking at us; we weren't exactly in the age range of the other girls!

To commemorate this occasion, here is a photo of me with a Twilight umbrella and a copy of the book and a photo of Michele with Edward (well, a photo of him anyway!)

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Hehe. Sounds fun! I wasn't one that went to purchase the DVD, I enjoy sleep. Although it would have been funny to go to a store selling it at midnight and watch the behaviors of others. I pictured it to be something along the lines of Black Friday. Would have been a good show.
Glad you had a good time! Enjoyed the pictures too!