Thursday, March 19, 2009

Open Mouth, Insert Flip Flop


The weather here has been in the 70s and Joey and Dani have both outgrown their flip flops. So, Tuesday we went to the mall to find some new ones.

We went to Children's Place and the flip flops were $3.50 ea or 2/$5.00. Of course, Murphy's Law is that one child will throw a fit and not want a pair now that we are there.

As we are checking out, the sales clerk reminds me of the price and I decided to go ahead and pick up a pair for Dani anyway because as soon as we get home, I know she'll want some. The sales clerk says to me, "yes, I know how that is. I have children at home myself." She was wearing a loose black top and I say to her, "oh! and you're expecting another one!". To which she replies, "no, I'm just fat!"

I wanted to die right there on the spot. I was so embarrassed and I apologized. Anyway, hope you all get a laugh or learn a lesson from my outing this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dinah- that is hilarious! That is something I would have done - but thanks for reminding me to keep my trap shut!!! HA! Thanks for sharing ;-)

Miranda said...

Oh dear!! LOL!!
Well, the flip flops are adorable. :)

It's me, Amy! said...

Oh, I would have just wanted to disappear! lol. Yes, we'll all learn from your mistake. Love the flip flops (or slippers as they call them here). Cole wants to wear flip flops but can't always keep them on. I need to get him to wear them around the house to practice or something