Thursday, March 5, 2009

Danielle Marie turns two!

Dani turned two on February 22. It is hard to believe that our baby is no longer a baby! On Saturday, Feb 21, she had a birthday party at Olympiad Gymnastics, where both she and Joey have gymnastics classes. At the side is a photo of some of Dani's friends that were at the party. (Dani is standing in front in the unitard with the two pink stripes. Joey is to the right of her in the blue t-shirt and what looks like a rainbow on it).






Dani had 15 kids at her party between the ages of 5 months and 12 years. Everyone had a blast going through the obstacle course, jumping on the trampolines, jumping in the block pit, and just running around. We hired a photographer to come for her big day. She took over 300 pictures! Of course, I am not going to post all of those here, but the photos are great and she has a website you can visit to see Dani's party pics. http://www.jillarnoldphoto.com/ look for the tab labeled "Parties". Click on it and you will see something similar to "Danielle's 2nd birthday". Click on that and you will be asked for a password. The password is Dinah.


Bethany and Jacob (my sister Karen's kids) came with my mom and dad to the party and that was a very special treat for my two. The four cousins don't get to see each other much, so it was a very special day that they were able to join us for Dani's party. Grandpa posed with his four grandchildren. Unfortunately, I didn't have the camera in hand when Grandma (my mom) posed with the kids.


One of my best friends has a five month old baby who Dani calls "Baby Chubba". Dani just loves him! She was so proud that she got to hold him at her birthday party. When I tried to take him from her, she said very firmly, "NO!" and held on tighter. Baby Chubba weighs 20 pounds and Danielle weighs 23 pounds, so if you think they look about the same size in the photo, that's because they are!

(By the way, Dani did not come up with this nickname on her own. My friend told Dani that they call the baby "Bubba Chubba" and from there, Dani came up with "Baby Chubba".)


There have been a few warm days here and there and the kids really like to go to the park to play. One of our favorite parks also has a paved walking trails and horses. We take a picnic lunch and enjoy being outside. Here is a photo that Joey took of Danielle and me on one of our park outings:


And now from the retro files....this blue McKendree College sweatshirt that Dani is wearing is mine. No, we don't wear the same size! ha ha This is a shirt that my mom saved from my baby days when my dad attended McKendree College.
Okay, well, I need to go, as usual, and referee (why do my kids fight when I update the blog??). I just heard Joey yell, "Dani, never mess with me!" This doesn't happen at anyone else's house does it??
Thankfully, Mike is a great daddy and will be staying with the children tonight while I go out and play Bunco with the girls!
Enjoy the weekend. We love hearing from everyone!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Hi, Look like a great birthday party. What a proud looking grandpa. Thanks for sharing.