Monday, January 26, 2009

This week's happenings

This week on January 22, Danielle turned 23 months old. It is exciting to see all the new things she can do. At the same time, I am sad to be losing my baby. I have been cleaning out all the baby items from our house: bottles, bottle warmer, crib mobile, baby food processor - it all has to go! Our home is cozy and we don't have room to store all of our memories. I do have tons and tons of photos. If only I could find more time to scrapbook....
Anyway, January 22 was a fairly warm day so we headed out to what Joey refers to as "Goo Park". In the spring, the cottonwood trees leave sappy stuff all over the playground equipment, so because of the "goo", we now call this place "Goo Park". Dani went down the big slide all by herself. Joey was close behind her going up to the slide to make sure she didn't fall.

Also this week, Dani and I took a trip to the mall. She fell in love with the Elmo underwear. Dani loves Elmo. She uses the potty sporadically right now. I have been telling her that she will be a big girl when she learns to use the potty. She decided to wear her Elmo underwear right away when she got home. As you can see, it makes a great hat!

Yesterday, it snowed. Not much but one time the snow started coming down pretty good. The kids just HAD to get out in it for a few minutes. Joey grabbed a dump truck to push around. Dani decided to try and catch snowflakes on her tongue. In case you're wondering, yes, my children do own gloves. They just opt not to wear them. Plus, they were only going out for about five minutes. It is really supposed to snow later today. We are expecting 3 - 7" the last I heard. I would rather it be 80 and sunny, but the kids do enjoy the snow, so we'll get our snowsuits on tomorrow and go out to play IF the snow really does come.

Last evening (Sunday) we took a trip to the Magic House. It was a private event fundraiser for the preschool where Joey currently goes one day a week. It was so nice. Not overly crowded. The kids could actually try out all the different activities. We have been going to the Magic House every year around this time, so we always have our picture taken in front of the big wall of Skittles. Then, Dani and I really got wild and tried out the electromagnetic ball. Doesn't our hair look great?


Those of you who have known me a long time (like in my college days) know that I always wanted my hair to stand up like this but it never did. Finally! I got the punk look I always wanted!






Here's hoping everyone keeps warm in all the nasty weather that is supposed to be heading our way this evening. Will post snow photos as soon as we get the big storm!















3 comments:

aunt wanda said...

Hey sounds like you had a great weekend. Enjoyed the pictures.We never had gloves we just used socks. works well.
We had a good weekend too. Too much birthday partying I am really tired today.

Miranda said...

The Magic House sounds like so much fun! Your hair looked lovely. Looks like the kids had fun in the snow. Hopefully you'll get more snow so that they can play again.
Loved all the pictures!

Charlotte said...

Sounds like fun at the Magic place. Love the hair. I work hard at trying to get mine to look like that daily.Proud of you a blog in a weeks time !! lol.Love seeing and hearing about you and the kids. Have fun in the snow my kids want to as soon as they get home today. Love Aunt Charlotte